Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Opened Doors--a prayer

"...the Lord opened a door of opportunity for me."
2 Corinthians 2:12b

Based on 2 Corinthians 2:5-6:7 (NLT)...

Father in heaven, forgiveness can only be done with Christ's help (2 Cor. 2:10), and it must be done so that Satan doesn't have another way to take me down (2 Cor. 2:11). To forgive is just a small part of living a Christ-like life. It is a door we must open in order to allow Your love to cross the threshold, and it is a sweet aroma emanating from a Christ-centered heart. How I desire to be sweet perfume to all those I encounter (2 Cor. 2 :15)!

May my life be a letter recommending You to those who don't know You personally, and may I be a readable letter showing all the good You do for me (2 Cor. 3:2). Lord God, the only qualifications I ever need comes from You (2 Cor. 3:5).

May Your glory be revealed through me always! Continue to remove the veils that cover this glory (2 Cor. 3:16-18). I want to see and reflect it. I turn to You, Father, and desire your glorious image. Please keep Satan away from me and from blinding my mind (2 Cor. 4:4). I want Your glory to shine in my heart and be the power of my life (2 Cor. 4:6-7).

I want to be able to live in the face of death so that the life of Jesus may be evident in me (2 Cor. 4:10-12). May I never miss the open doors of opportunity. Help me, O Jesus, to fix my eyes on thing that cannot be seen (2 Cor. 4:18), so that I may live by believing (2 Cor. 5:7) and live by desiring to please You and You alone (2 Cor. 5:9). May I cease, then, to live for myself (2 Cor. 5:15).

Today is most definitely a new day of salvation (2 Cor. 6:2) and full of opportunities. May I prove myself, God Almighty, by Your power working in me (2 Cor. 6:6-7). Amen.


1 comment:

  1. How true this is. It seems that this is the direction you have been thinking with your latest. I think the most important thing in living a life of following all that is Him, is our representation of Him. It is through our actions, what we do and who we are that those around us that do not know, find out. Let Him shine through you in everything that you do and people will be drawn to Him, not you.. What a relief that is that I do not have the responsibility of His job, but must represent His image in everything that I do.

    ReplyDelete