Thursday, May 6, 2010

Belief in His Perfect Plan

God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 11:40

I’ve got to stop trying to make things happen in my life. When I do that, I deny God’s plan. I deny His power and trust, and ultimately I deny Him. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) I lack sometimes the patience to wait. Even worse than that, I lack belief.


I think that because we are limited as humans, we have an innate fear to the unknown. Therefore, belief in God with His all-knowing, all-encompassing powers is difficult for us. I trust in God and I know what He can do and I believe in Him, but do I really believe Him? I'm afraid I don't. I feel like the father in Mark 9 when he says to Jesus, "If you can do anything," and Jesus is saying to me as he did to this father, "If I can? Everything is possible for him who believes." Oh, Lord, help me to overcome my unbelief!


Do you believe God has a plan for your life? Do you believe it is perfect? Do you believe it is better than what you have planned for yourself? Then, believe God. Perfection is made known in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment